Standing Deep Breathing
Starts the class by bringing awareness and focus to the breath.
- Quiets mind and centres you in your practice.
- Vibration through lungs and throat brings toxins up and out of lungs.
- Helps relieve blood pressure.
- Relieves irritability.
- Exercises nervous, respiratory and circulatory systems.
Half Moon Pose With Hands To Feet Pose
Ardha Chandrasana with Pada-Hastasana
Half moon pose with hands to feet pose|opening front, back, sides to prepare for class.
- Great for respiratory problems (asthma, bronchial infection).
- Opens shoulder joints.
- Reduces pain in the lower back / Helps with sciatica problems.
- Good for abdominal obesity.
- Tones the spinal nerves and abdominal organs (colan, pancreas, kidneys).
- Improves the working of the bowels.
- Alleviates anxiety and stress.
- Stimulates pituitary gland.
- Firms and trims waistline, hips, abdomen, buttocks and thighs .
We just stretched, now we strengthen.
- Improves overall body strength.
- Opens pelvis.
- Strengthens and tones left muscles.
- Relieves menstrual cramping.
- Tones buttocks.
- Aligns skeletal system.
- Good for arthritic knees.
- Good for digestion.
- Relieves joint pain in hips and knees.
- Relieves sciatica.
- Improves flexibility in toes and ankles.
- Exercises liver, intestines and pancreas.
Opens the joints in preparation for the rest of the class.
- Opens twelve major joints of the body.
- Good for central nervous system.
- Facilitates lymphatic function, improving immune system.
- Improves mobility of hip joint.
- Improves balance.
- Strengthens legs.
- Good for varicose veins.
- Strengthens the reproductive organs.
- Helps with genital problems.
There is a sit up between every floor posture.
- Strengthens and tones the abdomen.
- Open mouth exhalation stimulates diaphragm and eliminates toxins from the lungs.
- Re-aligns spine in preparation for a new posture.
- Increases strength of lower spine.
- Strong exhale also increases energy levels.
Spine Twisting Pose
Ardha - Matsyendrasana
We work in the series to increase the full mobility of the spine. We stretch forward, backwards and to the side. We end with the twist.
- Compresses and stretches the spine.
- Increases hop and back flexibility.
- Improves digestion.
- Firms the buttocks, thighs and abdomen.
- Improves elasticity, flexibility, circulation and nutrition through spinal nerves and tissues.
- Encourages the free movement of synovial (joint) fluid through the spine.
- Decreases immobility caused be rheumatism.
- Tones the roots of the spinal nerves, thus aiding the sympathetic nervous system.
- Opens bronchial muscles and rib cage.
- Helps prevent slipped disc.
- Relieves lower back pain.
- Helps sciatica and arthritis of the knee.
- Massages kidneys, liver, gall bladder, spleen and bowels.
Blowing In Firm
We begin with breathing and end with breathing to once again bring the focus back to the breath. The previous posture brings toxins to the surface. One way we relieve the body of these toxins is through sweating. The other main way is through strong exhales.
- Detoxifies and cleanses the body by removing stale air and toxing from the lungs.
- Brings mental clarity.
- Strengthens abdominal organs.
- Normalizes bowels.
- Energizes the body.
- Improves oxygenation to the body.
- Improves cardiovascular and respiratory systems.
- Good for high blood pressure.